Sonntag, 10. März 2013

A new friend...

Hello my friends!!!

How are you doing?? What's the weather like??
I'm fine... I just finished a little project and I want to tell you something about...
Okay, let me introduce you my new friend, my new "pet" and the new mascot of this blog: Calimero.


I found his friends on this blog: Coco Rose Diaries
And then I thought that I also want to have this cute cat, that because of some weight in his hands, in his feet and in his bottom can sit and do some other positions...
These cats are called Amineko and are originally from Japan. After I have seen them on that blog I looked for a useful pattern on the internet. I found one and within a few hours the cat was done.



These are single pieces. As I already said there is a little bit of weight in the hands, feet and bottom. For that you can use plastic pellets, pebbles or something else. I used barley that I wrapped in a piece of cling film and put that in the right place. The body and the head get stuffed and then everything get sewed together.
And then I embroidered the face.



Isn't he cute?? I don't know why, but for me this is a male cat... Maybe becase of the color... Never mind :D




After I finished him, I thought that he probably would feel a little bit bare, so I decided to make him some clothes.



So he got a jacket and a bow tie. The next thing I will make him is a cap...


I also thought that this cute litte thing should have a name. Especially wehn it get's the mascot of this blog... After a little bitr of rummage I remembered a TV programme that I watched when I was a kid. It's called Calimero and it's originally a italian animated figure:


Yes, it's not a cat, but I like this TV programme so much that I decided to name the Amineko cat like this bird chick.

Yeah, and that's now the new mascot of this blog: Calimero

If you want to make a Amineko cat, here you can find the pattern: Amineko cat
(in the third column, the part that is not written in japanese)
Because of judicially reasons: the copyrights are reserves by Nekoyama.


I wish you a lot of fun and a nice afternoon!!
Dama & Calimero

4 Kommentare:

  1. Oh my goodness he is so cute! I think indeed to knit my blog as mascot now...

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much!!!!
      Let me know when you finished your mascot! I want to see it!! :D
      Dama

      Löschen
  2. Yes I agree. Now I need a mascot too. I enjoyed the photos and poses of your male cat. His clothing pieces are really sweet. They just make your Calimero all the more cute!

    Ta Ta for now, Cathy the Bagg Lady
    http://raggz2baggz.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! When you're finished I want to see your mascot too!! Maybe Calimero get's some new friends... :D
      Dama

      Löschen